Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Switch KBC

Options
  • 24-07-2017 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am currently with TSB on a rate of 3.9%.

I have started the process of switching mortgage to KBC where I can get 3.3% (or even 3.1% if i move my current account too).

At the moment KBC say they will pay €3,000 towards legal fees etc once the mortgage is drawn down before September 30th.

My only concern is how long the process will take? I will have to pay all the legal fees myself upfront and then be refunded. But if anything even on the banks side hold this up I could be left footing a hefty legal bill that will erode much of the gains of switching in the first place.

My question is for anyone out there who have switched recently, how long did this process take from start to finish?

Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

If you are borrowing over 300,000 EUR on a LTV up to 80%, Ulster Bank now offer 2.6% fixed for 4 years. More here.

With some banks, the 'legal fee contribution', is really cashback. KBC may not look for legal invoices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭techdiver

JTMan wrote: »
    If you are borrowing over 300,000 EUR on a LTV up to 80%, Ulster Bank now offer 2.6% fixed for 4 years. More here.

With some banks, the 'legal fee contribution', is really cashback. KBC may not look for legal invoices.

Not borrowing that much. Yeah I got the impression that it was €3,000 cashback by looking at it. My only concern is will the process close before the 30th of September deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

The whole process shouldn't take that long approx.4/ 6 weeks and will depend on your Solicitor as he/she needs to get the deeds on accountable trust from permanent tsb and then do legal work for KBC mortgage. You also need to take into consideration that its holiday time and it's slower to get approval etc. A valuation also needs to be carried out on your property. I think KBC will extend the offer of 3k cash back to 31st December.

techdiver wrote: »
    Not borrowing that much. Yeah I got the impression that it was €3,000 cashback by looking at it. My only concern is will the process close before the 30th of September deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

techdiver wrote: »
    Hi,

I am currently with TSB on a rate of 3.9%.

I have started the process of switching mortgage to KBC where I can get 3.3% (or even 3.1% if i move my current account too).

At the moment KBC say they will pay €3,000 towards legal fees etc once the mortgage is drawn down before September 30th.

My only concern is how long the process will take? I will have to pay all the legal fees myself upfront and then be refunded. But if anything even on the banks side hold this up I could be left footing a hefty legal bill that will erode much of the gains of switching in the first place.

My question is for anyone out there who have switched recently, how long did this process take from start to finish?

Cheers.

I checked online and on Bonkers and KBC are offering 50% back on home insurance, nothing about 3000 euro towards legal fees, where did you see this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭techdiver

bailey99 wrote: »
    I checked online and on Bonkers and KBC are offering 50% back on home insurance, nothing about 3000 euro towards legal fees, where did you see this please?

https://www.kbc.ie/our-products/mortgages?gclid=Cj0KEQjw2NvLBRCjsq-Qq6TjwecBEiQAF98GMWjzgZOD1ReoLpEfftOhZPhvLN7FrmIgLJePXx_XgMsaApJn8P8HAQ

It's detailed on this page. It's specifically for switcher mortgages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

that explains it, we're not switchers, it's a new mortgage.

Advertisement