Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel cancellation

Options
  • 24-07-2017 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

I booked a hotel back in January for the u2 gig this past weekend. The took a credit card number for pre authorisation and gave me a confirmation number.

On Friday night we managed to get another ticket so I emailed the hotel and asked could the put an extra bed in the room which we would pay for. They asked for my confirmation number as couldn't find the booking under my name. After giving the confirmation number I was told that the booking was cancelled on the 15th of march at 15.09. I was never informed of this cancellation by phone, email or letter. They didn't know why it was cancelled as the hotel was under new ownership since the end of march.

The receptionist told me the would sort it and she had got on to the manger to get me accommodation. I got an email an hour so later from the manager saying it basically wasn't their problem as it was the old company that had cancelled the booking and that all their properties were booked in full and the would not be offering any compensation or contribution towards me booking alternative accommodation.

Do I have any come back on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Cancellation probably went into your junk folder or they entered email address incorrectly.

Unless new owner bought it asd a going concern and agreed in the purchase to honour all bookings, there is not much you can do.

Yopu could go digging to try and find out all the relevant info, but at the end of the day if you haven't been charged, there is no compensation due.

Advertisement