Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headsets

Options
  • 23-07-2017 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey guys,

Just a thread for everyone to moan/brag about headsets.

Mine is a Kingston HyperXCloud II, fantastic sound quality, comfortable-ish but I always get complaints from others that I'm especially quiet.

Also: does anyone use a separate condenser-style mic? If so is that setup any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I've a good few headsets but am selling them off. The only one's a use now are my Sennheiser Game One when i need to use the mic and when i've no need for the mic then i use my Sennheiser HD 650's running through a separate DAC.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've got one of the Cloud II's too and it keeps having issues because of my other sound devices and has basically been a poor investment. It's a lovely headset for sure, quite comfy and I've not had any comments on the volume levels on the rare occasion that it did behave, but it's sitting here unused atm cause it keeps killing all sound on some games when I use it and the only thing I can think that's causing it is the fact that I have 2 other external USB devices (a basic USB sound card and a mixing desk).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

See if Voicemeeter Banana helps

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hey guys,

Just a thread for everyone to moan/brag about headsets.

Mine is a Kingston HyperXCloud II, fantastic sound quality, comfortable-ish but I always get complaints from others that I'm especially quiet.

Also: does anyone use a separate condenser-style mic? If so is that setup any good?

I had the same issue, Cloud II's appear to be notorious for having low mic quality, which you can't boost because of the USB soundcard in it.

It seems resets the mic volume when you load games, which is a rubbish bug. So if you stream, or when you open a game, press the controller thing mic volume up to get high again.I ended up bringing mine back to Argos and got a replacement, and to be honest lads have been saying its much better. So I might have just had a faulty controller or mic.

I use the cloth pads to let my ears breathe as the leather can get warm, so sound quality and comfort wise they are brilliant, but the mic is an issue. But I seem to have got it sorted by just replacing the entire thing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Never had any complaints from others about the mic quality on my cloud II's. Everyone says they're crystal clear. But it's touchy when it comes to placement, I find anything more than an inch or two away from my mouth and the quality drops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Never had any complaints from others about the mic quality on my cloud II's. Everyone says they're crystal clear. But it's touchy when it comes to placement, I find anything more than an inch or two away from my mouth and the quality drops.

No issues for me with the cloud II headset. Mic works perfectly.

Second voice complaining about my head being caught in the road is me using the Cloud II mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,322 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I have the Cloud II's as well but my mic is still in the box unused :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hyperx cloud II here too, great headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Never had any complaints from others about the mic quality on my cloud II's.

Me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

I have a Plantronics GameCom 780 - 5 years old now still pretty ok.
    The fabric wasnt built to stand the test of time though. Would get leater the next time round.

I would be interested in getting a wireless headset though, as I've nearly reefed the front USB's off my pc case a few times now, wire gets caught i the chair when i get up.

Whats good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Finally thinking of making the jump to a wireless headset. Any thoughts on the Arctis 7? Been in my Amazon basket for the week and hesitating on pulling the trigger!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

ive a steelseries siberia 800 wireless headset. I had some issues where the audio would reverse from left cup to right cup and vice versa. Could never figure it out but i did a fresh windows 10 install lately and its no more. Other than that love the headset. Really handy that it comes with 2 batteries so that you can charge one while using the other.

platinums wrote: »
    I have a Plantronics GameCom 780 - 5 years old now still pretty ok.
    The fabric wasnt built to stand the test of time though. Would get leater the next time round.

I would be interested in getting a wireless headset though, as I've nearly reefed the front USB's off my pc case a few times now, wire gets caught i the chair when i get up.

Whats good?

I've a couple for sale. Hint Hint!! It's in the PC selling link thread though.

they look amazing, but costly.

Maybe i cant afford wireless just yet.

Look at the Lucid Sound LS30. Not too expensive and a good wireless option.

ive a steelseries siberia 800 wireless headset. I had some issues where the audio would reverse from left cup to right cup and vice versa. Could never figure it out but i did a fresh windows 10 install lately and its no more. Other than that love the headset. Really handy that it comes with 2 batteries so that you can charge one while using the other.
    New Siberia 800 is only ~€150 on Amazon, worth a punt. What usage time do you get out of them ?
    That stat is conveniently out of sight on their website.

they look amazing, but costly.

Maybe i cant afford that level of wireless just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Have the hyper 2 also and no issues, would suggest everyone get Audioswitch. Its a free program for controlling multiple soundcards because windows cant.

It helps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

About 9-10 hours a charge, I paid more like 200 so for 150 I'd call them a steal

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I've a HyperX Cloud Core (doesn't come with a USB soundcard thingy), no complaints.

I just plug straight into the mic/headphone ports.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Got a €200 one for all voucher from work, so think i'll either upgrade my headset or throw in some extra and buy the Switch again. How are people finding the HyperX Cloud 2? It's around €105 in Argos (though it's quite a bit less on Amazon - shame they don't accept the voucher). Other option i was looking at was the Sennheiser GSP 350 which is €130 in Argos.

Or is there any better choice in a place that i can use the one for all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Kiith wrote: »
    Got a €200 one for all voucher from work, so think i'll either upgrade my headset or throw in some extra and buy the Switch again. How are people finding the HyperX Cloud 2? It's around €105 in Argos (though it's quite a bit less on Amazon - shame they don't accept the voucher). Other option i was looking at was the Sennheiser GSP 350 which is €130 in Argos.

I'm pretty sure you can convert the vouchers to amazon gift cards. I picked up a second HyperX cloud 2 for £55 from amazon 2-3 weeks ago.
    Sound is pretty good from them, cable and control box is a bit annoying, box drags, its too far from the headset, I wrapped it around my G25 gearstick so OK now, but still

Kiith wrote: »

I had a pair of them. Very very good. Nice clear crisp Sennheiser sound and very comfortable too. I actually preferred them to the Hyper X's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,322 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

lmimmfn wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you can convert the vouchers to amazon gift cards.

I think they have stopped that now unfortunately as I had used it before when buying my monitor

Advertisement