Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade PC + One to sell?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Don't think there's really anything wrong with that build; I'd sell the RAM & get 2x 8Gb DDR3-2133 or faster.

What games are you seeing slowdown in?
    What's your monitor resolution/Hz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just replace the i5 with a i7-3770K and you're set for another few years no problem. Minimal hassle.

However if you're really itching for an upgrade you can get the Ryzen 1600, a B350 board and 8GB of high speed DDR4....but it won't offer any actual performance increase over an i7-3770k in games right now, but is a newer platform with better feature set.

Especially if you overclocked the 3770K, it's still a very good gaming CPU, but that's also true at stock speeds.

But equally if you OC that 3570K as is the point of a K cpu, at 4.5Ghz or so I can't imagine it being a perceivable bottleneck in anything unless you have a 120/144hz monitor.

I don't think Ryzen is the upgrade answer to unlocked K models on the 1155 platform when a) hefty overclocks bring them in line with modern CPU's and b) i7-3770k's are available so cheaply and still excel in games.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

i have a 4k 49" tv, Witcher. Arma 3.
    Both pretty smooth, but probably could be smoother.

Motherboard stopped detecting 1070 on the main PCIe port so worried its going to die soon.
    CPU OC'd to 4.2ghz boost currently with the liquid cooler.

is PCIe x16 a tremendous amount slower that PCIe 4x? Thats the slot its in now.
    Current ram could also be overclocked? 2x G.SKill Ripjaws 4gb DDR3 https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-14900cl9d-8gbsr

Advertisement