Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which mobile network would be best?

Options
  • 23-07-2017 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Hey all

So I left three prepay when I found out about the contract changes, didn't like the fact they removed the weekend calls, lowered it to 28 days etc. The signal quality of three was also just awful, especially when i visit my summer house at the coast where the signal is horrible.

I.moved to virgin billpay for €5 a month, however that's up on the 5th august and I can't continue doing billpay so I'm forced to move back to prepay

I need around 30gb of data a month, unlimited texts to any network, calls to any network and preferably 30 days with good signal quality for around 20. I know it sounds like there is my only option really, sadly, but I hope somebody knows of a better plan :) was looking at maybe Vodafone X, but unsure about the cell signal is rural areas.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

So I left three prepay when I found out about the contract changes, didn't like the fact they removed the weekend calls, lowered it to 28 days etc. The signal quality of three was also just awful, especially when i visit my summer house at the coast where the signal is horrible.

I.moved to virgin billpay for €5 a month, however that's up on the 5th august and I can't continue doing billpay so I'm forced to move back to prepay

Lololol.

The signal with three was poor, so you moved to Three(Virgin).

Spend more or get less data. Your call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PAKNET

The only operators who give generous allowances in and around the €20 per month mark are either Three themselves or use the underlying Three network as their infrastructure.

Vodafone signal/speed would generally be best overall but the Vodafone X unlimited weekends option is capped at 100 mins, unlimited texts, 20GB of data outside of the 15:00 Friday to 23:59 Sunday window. You also need to be a student.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Meteor will give u 15Gb but social media is free. Signal is generally better than three. Their 20euro deal for 30eiro plan will prob disappear when they change to eir

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

ED E wrote: »
    Lololol.

The signal with three was poor, so you moved to Three(Virgin).

Spend more or get less data. Your call.

Surprisingly, it was better with virgin and had faster speeds too. I am assuming this is because of the lines that get rented out to virgin are less congested then the Three ones as virgin is a smaller network.. maybe.. :)

PAKNET wrote: »
    The only operators who give generous allowances in and around the €20 per month mark are either Three themselves or use the underlying Three network as their infrastructure.

Vodafone signal/speed would generally be best overall but the Vodafone X unlimited weekends option is capped at 100 mins, unlimited texts, 20GB of data outside of the 15:00 Friday to 23:59 Sunday window. You also need to be a student.

Thanks for that! I am a student, luckily so I might be able to get by with 20GB. Was looking at tesco mobile but they don't have 4g, only 3g old o2 network, same with 48 I believe so the choice is really narrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Vodafone X with the weekend option sounds like your best bet.

And anyone can join once you know how!

And it's prepay so if it doesn't suit or the signal is bad, so be it and switch again. They are probably the best you'll get for signal across the country.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Meteor will give u 15Gb but social media is free. Signal is generally better than three. Their 20euro deal for 30eiro plan will prob disappear when they change to eir

Meteor was one one of my options alright, but saw they were merging with Eir. If the plans don't change, then for 20 euro you'd only get 250mb of data with Eir (which is crazy). Going to be interesting to see what happens.

Advertisement