Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Tab A and Eir F2000 modem FTTC

Options
  • 23-07-2017 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi All
    I have a bit of a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with. I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A in the USA running Marshmallow. Whilst not the best tablet in the world its not the worst. Problem is on my home BB which is Eir FTTC via F2000 modem there seems to be a constant lag from clicking a button to the data starting to flow. This is on Apps and Chrome. For instance when I open speed test it will say finding best server for a least 30 seconds and the when i click begin tests the results are 26ms ping and 70mB download.The RTE radio player hangs for minutes before it opens almost waiting for some initial data. The connection looks to be solid ie not dropping out etc and I am connected to the router 5G wifi signal . I have tried removing all security and also tried an old router in an Ethernet to Ethernet slave fashion with no joy All other devices Ipads ,android phones etc perform with no lag.
    Funny thing is when I bring the tablet to my parents house who have perlico it performs quite well and feels quite speedy ,similar if i connect the tablet to my iphone via hotspot its reasonably quick for all tasks.
    In summary network seems fine for everything else and tablet seems fine on other networks but like an old episode of hart to hart when they met it was Murder.
    Any help is appreciated

Advertisement