Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casper mattress

Options
  • 23-07-2017 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi
    Has anyone bought Casper mattresses. I see good review for them but it seems they can only be ordered online (mostly from uk ).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

It is an online concept from the US. The idea is that the mattress comes in compressed form, and if you decide you don't like the mattress, they'll take it back. If they don't operate in Ireland (i.e., won't pick up a rejected expanded mattress) then it doesn't make much sense to deal with them.

I have not owned or slept on one of these, but I'm sure it's a perfectly good mattress. It is not particularly cheap. If you go out to Ikea with the same amount of money, you will come home with a pretty good mattress.

The whole mattress industry is full of fake discounts and nonsense unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Anyone any experience with Eascra?

https://www.eascamattress.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭RaulDublin

It is an online concept from the US. The idea is that the mattress comes in compressed form, and if you decide you don't like the mattress, they'll take it back. If they don't operate in Ireland (i.e., won't pick up a rejected expanded mattress) then it doesn't make much sense to deal with them.

I have not owned or slept on one of these, but I'm sure it's a perfectly good mattress. It is not particularly cheap. If you go out to Ikea with the same amount of money, you will come home with a pretty good mattress.

The whole mattress industry is full of fake discounts and nonsense unfortunately.

Thanks. Any suggestion for places in an around Dublin where i could try many different mattresses in once shop /location.
    We are looking for a mattress which is nice but doesn't cost x'000 euros . Have had a memory foam not too keen on them now..
    looking more for a good pocket sprung with probably good a memory foam mattress topper .

Raul

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

The ikea pocket sprung mattresses are decent enough. I have the mid-priced one, two friends have the top-priced one. They are not very happy.

Personally, I would recommend pairing the Ikea mattresses with some sort of sprung base. This is what they are designed for.

If price is a major factor you could visit the showrooms of that towering giant of the Irish mattress industry, Mattress Mick.

They mostly sell mattresses which are intended to be used with an unsprung base from what I can tell.

If you want a more glam operation and don't mind higher prices you could try another fairly straightforward operator, Kenneth Hodgins in Sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Euripides_

Do they operate/deliver in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

The War To Sell You A Mattress Is An Internet Nightmare | Fast Company (via TheJournal.ie) - https://www.fastcompany.com/3065928/sleepopolis-casper-bloggers-lawsuits-underside-of-the-mattress-wars

They make Uber look like boy scouts.
    Based on the article above I wouldn't believe any reviews of their products.

Advertisement