Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new pc build need advice

Options
  • 23-07-2017 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

ryzen 5 1600
    ASRock AB350M
    Kingston - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory

new to amd is this good its recommended so i gave it a go

build in pc part picker is 220w (including owned gtx 750ti)is 300w power supply enough im only gonna have 3-5 usbs at a time usb runs at 8w im just gonna be running a laptop hdd till i can afford an ssd/hdd verrrryyyy limited budget 16 only can affored the 3 parts listed i have a case and psu used to intel no idea if this is good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

It's good but if you can wait at all I'd highly recommend getting a 120gb SSD and 450/500w PSU from the get go.

You're looking at an extra €100ish but it will be well worth it, you want your Windows installed first time on the SSD to avoid a good bit of hassle and 300w is definitely very skinny for any build and you're going to want to upgrade that GPU pretty soon and anything you do upgrade to will put you over the 300w more than likely.

If you really can't wait long get the SSD anyway and you may get away with a 1050ti on the 300w PSU.

The alternative is to wait a few weeks and get a Ryzen 3 which will be an excellent chip for home / gaming use and will leave you the funds to get the extra parts you should be looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 adamxtreme

i was planing to get a king dion 120 gb ssd in a few weeks with a fresh windows in stall from kinguin windows 10 oem is 30 there i was planning on using laptop driveonly til i upgrade laptop drive has windows 10 on it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Don't buy a Windows key from Kinguin; you'd be paying the pirates.

Just install & don't activate. Games etc will run fine.

For PSU, buying a 300W is not sufficient for a gaming machine; as soon as you upgrade from the 750 Ti you will run out of power.
    For bargain basement, the Xilence Performance A+ series 630W would do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 adamxtreme

@k.o.kiki oh right ill use my laptops windows when ive a gaming pc itll be a web browser haha ill install osx or maybe linex

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Adverts is your friend! Rule no.1 of building on a budget. At first glance of the PSU page there's an EVGA 430w asking €30 and a Be Quiet 600w looking for €50.

On the SSD side on Adverts it's slimmer pickings but MemoryC based in Celbridge sell a 120gb for €62.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

2ndcoming wrote: »

On the SSD side on Adverts it's slimmer pickings but MemoryC based in Celbridge sell a 120gb for €62.

You can get 240Gb SSDs from €70
    https://geizhals.eu/?cat=hdssd&xf=252_200

Advertisement