Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 4g bb

Options
  • 22-07-2017 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi just wondered is this a common problem with Three 4g broadband .

During the day I receive 40 to 50 mbps download speed But come 8 pm till 12 pm my speed drops to 1.5 to 2 mbps.

Is this the norm from Three 4g broadband ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

yes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

There is a talk to three forum.
    You can raise your issue with them there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

F1ngers wrote: »
    There is a talk to three forum.
    You can raise your issue with them there.

That would be a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

MANSFIELD wrote: »

Its not "real" broadband and thats why you see this.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

It has been for the last month now in my case. Contacted Three, they told me there was a mast issue in my area. Then it was fixed and the problem as you describe continued.

Anyway, I cancelled today and changed provider. 20 times faster now in peak times than the 1-2 MB that i was getting.

As someone else has mentioned have a look at the Talk to Three forum, there are posters there with various theories on what is going on.
    Hi just wondered is this a common problem with Three 4g broadband .

During the day I receive 40 to 50 mbps download speed But come 8 pm till 12 pm my speed drops to 1.5 to 2 mbps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭MANSFIELD

Hackers wrote: »

Anyway, I cancelled today and changed provider. 20 times faster now in peak times than the 1-2 MB that i was getting.

What provider are you with now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Moved to Vodafone.

Had Three in use in a different location over the weekend as have a few days left before cancellation happens and there was none of the reduction in speed at peak times.

Maybe my issue was contention in my home location. Anyway, with Vodafone now and everything going excellently so far. Hope it stays that way, Vodafone do not offer unlimited data packages so that should help in that some Three users cannot be abusing it to the detriment of the rest of us.
    What provider are you with now ?

Advertisement