Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good aluminium windows & doors at good prices?

Options
  • 22-07-2017 8:50pm

Does anybody know of a company in the North which could provide good quality aluminium windows and doors for a Dublin residence at a reasonable price? All companies in the South seem to be charging double the pvc price for aluminium.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭bewhiched

I got front 3 plus French door plus back 3 windows for €5300 absolutely stunning and triple glazed. Mc Donnel and mullan they are based in northern Ireland 100% fantastic highly recommend.

Just to add Dublin company "well known" was charging €7900 for exact same windows but Double glaze ONLY. ...

bewhiched wrote: »
    I got front 3 plus French door plus back 3 windows for €5300 absolutely stunning and triple glazed. Mc Donnel and mullan they are based in northern Ireland 100% fantastic highly recommend.

Just to add Dublin company "well known" was charging €7900 for exact same windows but Double glaze ONLY. ...

Thanks a million. I just noticed McMullanODonnell now have offices in Dublin and Sligo. I've emailed them but suspect the Tyrone branch would not undercut the Dublin or Sligo branches. I'll see soon enough. I can also get our builder to install them if that might increase my options.

Anybody have any other suggestions for aluminium windows & doors in the North?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Why Aluminium windows though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Yep. Can pm you. Guys based in ballymoney

mad m wrote: »
    Why Aluminium windows though?

They've a much slimmer, neater, flat profile without the chunkiness of pvc windows and doors. Aesthetically for a modern house they look streets ahead in my view. Also, there's a far greater range of colours available in aluminium in comparison to pvc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭listermint

They've a much slimmer, neater, flat profile without the chunkiness of pvc windows and doors. Aesthetically for a modern house they look streets ahead in my view. Also, there's a far greater range of colours available in aluminium in comparison to pvc.

And they are colder unless they are aluclad.

Not a great choice of frame if they aren't aluclad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭karlitob

amtc wrote: »
    Yep. Can pm you. Guys based in ballymoney

Could you kindly pm me too please. Thanks

Advertisement