Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AL price of flights changing due to return date

Options
  • 22-07-2017 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭

Curious - why does the price of an outgoing flight change when you change the date of return leg? I thought price of each leg was independent of return date? This is with aer lingus, US flights

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

TheDriver wrote: »
    Curious - why does the price of an outgoing flight change when you change the date of return leg? I thought price of each leg was independent of return date? This is with aer lingus, US flights

Long haul there are rules and returns are cheaper than two singles

Stay a Saturday night...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Even the return date changes the outgoing leg price by 40 euro pp if I mess around the return date.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

TheDriver wrote:
    Even the return date changes the outgoing leg price by 40 euro pp if I mess around the return date.

I presume it's the demand pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I thought those days were gone. E.g fly out on Mon, back on sat. Out leg is 210. Out Mon, back Mon, out leg is 255. Same outward journey. One way out is 450.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Legacy airlines usually charge the old pricing structure at all times, Aer Lingus are a notable exception on shorthaul. Look at KLM or LH shorthaul even

• Advertisement
Advertisement