Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash for clothes Meath area

Options
  • 21-07-2017 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Anyone know anywhere in Meath area (Navan?) that takes unwanted clothes for €s? Doing a clearout and really need the cash. If I wasn't stuck I would go to charity shop. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,320 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I honestly don't know but from what I've heard they don't pay a lot.
    Would you consider selling the on Donedeal/Adverts/facebook/etc.

• Administrators Posts: 13,812 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

They've gotten much tighter on what they take, and how much they pay. I'm. I once brought in a few sacks, not in Meath, and came out with €18. Next time I brought in a few sacks she put on gloves, examined every single item and even the most minor fault the item was put in the "rejected pile" and handed back to me. I don't bring in clothes that are in tatters!! I came out of it with €4 and over half the stuff returned to me and vowed never to go back.

If there are any of those Facebook selling pages locally you'd have better luck there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭niallb

There was one on Railway St opposite the motor tax office.
    Not certain if it's still there.
    They'll grade the clothes into separate bags - for reuse or for shredding - and give you a few euro per kilo on the bags.
    It is by weight only, doesn't matter what the clothes are in general, so leave out anything you might want to get a better return on elsewhere.

Looks like they may not be doing the shredding pile anymore - About 20 euro for a back seat full of bags is what you're looking at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

You won't make much money in those places. I know of two in Galway. One pays 50c per kilo and the clothes have to be second hand quality. The other place isn't as strict but only pays 35c per kilo. It doesn't matter if the clothes came from Penneys or Brown Thomas, it's all by weight so you're looking to make about 20c/30c per item.

Advertisement