Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career Advancement in industrial Construction.

Options
  • 21-07-2017 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

I am a qualified carpenter and scaffolder working in the Canadian oil industry.
    I have 5 years experience in entry level management positions on large industrial sites.

I am looking to do a course (preferably a degree)
    with which I can advance my career into more senior management positions.
    I am considering the online Bsc in construction management in Sligo....but am wondering if it's worth my while....seems quite generic.

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

DIT have a part time level 7 in construction management which is well regarded. The Sligo one is on line.

How more specific do you consider construction management generic. Sligo do a Quantity Surveying on if you are interested in that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 prideaspunch

It seems to be mostly based on smaller scale residential projects.

As regards the DIT course....i am based in Canada so tge course would have to be all online.

Advertisement