Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BNQT Vicar Street November 2 2017

Options
  • 21-07-2017 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

Members of midlake, grandaddy, band of horses, travis and Franz Ferdinand are coming together to play in a indie super group. Tickets at €26.50 plus fees go on sale today.

BNQT, a new indie super-group conceived and led by Eric Pulido of Midlake, released their debut album Volume 1 in April via Bella Union. The introductory set includes ten new, original songs and features five vocalists – Ben Bridwell of Band of Horses, Alex Kapranos of Franz Ferdinand, Fran Healy of Travis, Jason Lytle of Grandaddy, and Pulido – who wrote and sing two tracks each, with backing from other Midlake members McKenzie Smith (drums), Joey McClellan (guitar) and Jesse Chandler (keys). ‘Volume 1’ was recorded and produced mostly attheir studio in Denton, Texas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Thanks for the heads up, I was able to get good seats. Hopefully it will be the full band touring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Catchy number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Switched to The Button Factory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Fran1979

I am really surprised that ticket sales were obviously not so good that the gig has been demoted from Vicar street to the Button factory. The album they released is pretty good. The gig itself is going to feature Jason Lytle of Grandaddy, Fran Healy of Travis and the members of Midlake. Plus they have posted recently about playing some songs of the individual bands they are comprised of. I had front row seats for the balcony and was looking forward to Vicar street but the intimacy of The Button factory will have to do.

They also posted on Facebook a few days ago that they were looking forward to playing one of their favourite venues Vicar Street

• Advertisement

Fantastic gig. Bit baffling that they didn't get a bigger crowd than they did though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Fantastic gig. Bit baffling that they didn't get a bigger crowd than they did though

Really fantastic gig. I'm very surprised the crowd wasn't that big. Surely Midlake, Grandaddy and Travis have loads of fans here. Maybe people just aren't aware of BNQT.

Chris Stills was also great. Also, I didn't know Fran Healy was so funny!

Decuc500 wrote: »
    Really fantastic gig. I'm very surprised the crowd wasn't that big. Surely Midlake, Grandaddy and Travis have loads of fans here. Maybe people just aren't aware of BNQT.

Chris Stills was also great. Also, I didn't know Fran Healy was so funny!

If any of those three bands played alone, they'd get a decent crowd, never mind all three at once. They deserved a bigger crowd and venue.

Shout out to the guys who got free drinks given to them by Jason Lytle!

If any of those three bands played alone, they'd get a decent crowd, never mind all three at once. They deserved a bigger crowd and venue.

Shout out to the guys who got free drinks given to them by Jason Lytle!

I really enjoyed the gig and it is baffling that ticket sales were so low that it got demoted to The button factory. I saw Grandaddy last year in a packed Vicar street. If half the crowd that night turned up tonight it would have sold out the button factory. I got up to the front though tonight so was happy to witness it all up close and personal. I enjoyed Chris Stills too, he has a great voice and is a fantastic guitar player, he got his father's talent. Travis in their day were huge so i can't believe even fans of theirs weren't out in big numbers tonight to see Fran Healy. Midlake i thought are pretty popular here so it does surprise me the size of the ticket sales.

Fran1979 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the gig and it is baffling that ticket sales were so low that it got demoted to The button factory. I saw Grandaddy last year in a packed Vicar street. If half the crowd that night turned up tonight it would have sold out the button factory. I got up to the front though tonight so was happy to witness it all up close and personal. I enjoyed Chris Stills too, he has a great voice and is a fantastic guitar player, he got his father's talent. Travis in their day were huge so i can't believe even fans of theirs weren't out in big numbers tonight to see Fran Healy. Midlake i thought are pretty popular here so it does surprise me the size of the ticket sales.

Exactly. Any indie fan who wasn't at this gig missed out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Really enjoyed the gig too and shocked they didn't sell more tickets! The lads seemed to be really enjoying themselves and having the craic on stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,688 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Decuc500 wrote: »
    Also, I didn't know Fran Healy was so funny!

A smart ass more like. He seemed to irritate Pulido

Ally Dick wrote: »

Didn't get that impression at all!

Ally Dick wrote: »

Yeah I didn`t get that impression either. I thought all of them were in good spirits. It was my second time seeing Jason Lytle in the last couple of years, whether it was him supporting Giant Sand or as part of Grandaddy, and I have to say he looked really happy and was joking on stage. Pulido was joking too as were the others. I have never seen Travis before so wasn`t familiar with Fran Healy but I thought he came across in a good light.

Advertisement