Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abbey Court/Cluain Dubh, Father Russel Rd

Options
  • 20-07-2017 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

I'm interested in buying a house in Abbey Court, Father Russel Rd. Having done a bit of research I've got some conflicting reports. I lived in the Dooradoyle area for a number of years but not in the past two years. I personally always found Father Russell Road a decent area.

Someone I know, living around the corner from Abbey Court, had good reports. A guard told me that it hasn't come up on their radar -but they are not stationed in Roxboro, which covers Dooradoyle/Raheen. Then a former landlord of someone I know very well sent on a report which stated that (a direct quote): "Abbey Court is nice but it is next to Cluain Dubh and many travellers live there...including the Caseys???"

Now I know it's not very PC. I have known and worked with some travellers in the past but this has unnerved me a bit...thinking of the resale value etc. Would anyone have any useful info to add to this??? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cla ger

Blogfan123 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm interested in buying a house in Abbey Court, Father Russel Rd. Having done a bit of research I've got some conflicting reports. I lived in the Dooradoyle area for a number of years but not in the past two years. I personally always found Father Russell Road a decent area.

Someone I know, living around the corner from Abbey Court, had good reports. A guard told me that it hasn't come up on their radar -but they are not stationed in Roxboro, which covers Dooradoyle/Raheen. Then a former landlord of someone I know very well sent on a report which stated that (a direct quote): "Abbey Court is nice but it is next to Cluain Dubh and many travellers live there...including the Caseys???"

Now I know it's not very PC. I have known and worked with some travellers in the past but this has unnerved me a bit...thinking of the resale value etc. Would anyone have any useful info to add to this??? Thanks in advance.

I live in cluain dubh and and your landlord friend is telling you bull.... it's not full of travellers ok 1 family have a connection with the caseys I will admit that but they kept to themselves.i have lived in cluain dubh 7 years now and it's a very quiet area and my wife and I I did our research before we spent a lot of money on our house .so once again don't listen to your landlord pal .cluain dubh is a very good area to live in .as I said I have lived in cluain dubh for the last 7 years so I know what I am talking about .😡😡

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Check your private messages blogfan

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Blogfan123

Sound & honest advice guys thanks for taking time out to reply.

Advertisement