Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaining twitter followers advice?

Options
  • 20-07-2017 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone have any advice on gaining twitter followers. I'm a computer science student so I'm mainly tweeting about the tech industry.

My method for gaining followers currently is finding an account I like, a day follow as many of their followers as possible.

The results so far in 4 days

Accounts followed: 3700
    Accounts followed back: 217

So it's a pretty poor follow back rate.

Amy advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Be interesting. Gain a reputation as an expert in your field. Engage with other influential people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Be interesting. Gain a reputation as an expert in your field. Engage with other influential people.

Yup engagement is key, there's no point in having the numbers if there is no interaction. You may as well have just bought them. Some industries have a 'business hour' (name varies obv) discussing relevant issues with a hashtag so get involved and actively engage in discussion with people in your field. Personally I never follow back a profile that is following thousands of people and not interacting with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Whatever you do, DON'T buy them to make it look like you have more... It's so obvious. Definitely engage as much as possible with your followers, add your Twitter handle to your Instagram and Linkedin if you use them.

Advertisement