Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Checking a flight Plan

Options
  • 20-07-2017 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Hi

Is there a way of checking what route a plane took already - I know there is the planefinder app but I wanted to see what plane flew over my area this morning - I live in Oldcastle, Co Meath area and around 5-5-30am I was woken up by the noise and my light fittings shaking!!!

Never had it before - I have heard the flights around that time of the morning but just a noise in the distance.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Flightaware normally has the planned route available, but you'd need to know the flight number.

FR24 has a playback feature too.... so you will be able to see it by using that!

EDIT: just checked, it appears to have been EI130, a 757 from BDL, although it was south of Oldcastle. An LH 747 (LH471) flew directly over, but at 38000ft

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Flightaware normally has the planned route available, but you'd need to know the flight number.

FR24 has a playback feature too.... so you will be able to see it by using that!

I don't think a plane that was able to "'shake the light fittings" in Oldcastle would be on FR24.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

I don't think a plane that was able to "'shake the light fittings" in Oldcastle would be on FR24.

I'm working off the presumption that it was an early morning t/a arrival, and that "'shake the light fittings" may have been a bit dramatic. I seriously doubt there would be an F15 with its afterburners buzzing around Meath on a Thursday morning :P

I'm working off the presumption that it was an early morning t/a arrival, and that "'shake the light fittings" may have been a bit dramatic. I seriously doubt there would be an F15 with its afterburners buzzing around Meath on a Thursday morning :P

It was probably just a chemtrail-spraying, fitting-shaking, slumber-waking greyed out plane flown by aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

HaHa!!- it made the main light shade tinkle slightly so yeah I was been dramatic!!...like if a big truck drove by - It was just weird and was wondering had it flown closer or lower than usual

• Advertisement

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    HaHa!!- it made the main light shade tinkle slightly so yeah I was been dramatic!!...like if a big truck drove by - It was just weird and was wondering had it flown closer or lower than usual

Maybe it was a truck?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

i'm positive it wasn't a passing truck.

It went on for about 30-40 secs - the noise that is - the light fitting only shoook slightly initially.

Just thought it was weird - been living there 11 years and never occurred before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

A Boeing 747 Cargo Freighter passed over during the time indicated and was flying a little lower than normal at 30,000 feet.

https://www.flightradar24.com/2017-07-20/04:49/36x/TAY010/e28cfe6

Times are UTC so you have to deduct 1hr from Irish summer time.

It would appear to be the possibly the culprit.

Advertisement