Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free virtual uk mobile number

Options
  • 19-07-2017 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how I can get this. Living in Ireland and trying to purchase something online from UK site which requires a UK mobile number as part of billing process. Have tried inputting my Irish mobile, then tried parcel motel UK landline number, could only find a landline, any ideas. Even if I succeed in getting a UK mobile number, I might not be able to purchase as I have to give a UK billing address, will try parcel motel again but I presume this may fail as won't match credit card. Any help here would also be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Not sure it will help, but I've been asked for a UK mobile number before and just made one up - they've never contacted me on it or about it - at least not that I know of, obviously! :pac:
    It won't get you over the billing address problem though. I use a Revolut pre-pay card and a relative's address for that - works perfectly for Ebay, PayPal and Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

Download app called TextMe from apple App Store and you can pick a vertual UK phone number to recieve calls on your iphone with your new uk vertual mobile phone number .
    1years service to keep your phone number cost €10.99

CVB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

CVB wrote:
    Download app called TextMe from apple App Store and you can pick a vertual UK phone number to recieve calls on your iphone with your new uk vertual mobile phone number . 1years service to keep your phone number cost €10.99

Thanks but have an Android phone and was hoping to get a free number as this is the only purchase from this company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

RoYoBo wrote:
    Not sure it will help, but I've been asked for a UK mobile number before and just made one up - they've never contacted me on it or about it - at least not that I know of, obviously! It won't get you over the billing address problem though. I use a Revolut pre-pay card and a relative's address for that - works perfectly for Ebay, PayPal and Amazon.

Already tried a random number but it seems to do a check and returns as not recognised, will try again, also have a Revolut card so will try that for payment. Thanks

Advertisement