Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem adding 10GBP from amazon.co.uk to my account...

Options
  • 19-07-2017 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭

in the prime sale last week, i purchased a 3 month xbox live gold membership for 12.99 from amazon.co.uk, which came with a 10 pound credit code.

so i added the gold membership with no issue, but can't add the credit as it is in the wrong currency for my region, which is currently set to Ireland.

before i go back to amazon and/or microsoft, has anyone experienced this before and is there a way of getting the credit added to my account?

I tried to add it on the console, would it work if i added it on the xbox or microsoft website?

thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,957 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ablelocks wrote: »
    in the prime sale last week, i purchased a 3 month xbox live gold membership for 12.99 from amazon.co.uk, which came with a 10 pound credit code.

so i added the gold membership with no issue, but can't add the credit as it is in the wrong currency for my region, which is currently set to Ireland.

before i go back to amazon and/or microsoft, has anyone experienced this before and is there a way of getting the credit added to my account?

I tried to add it on the console, would it work if i added it on the xbox or microsoft website?

thanks,

You've an Irish account so you can't redeem sterling on it.

If you go to your Microsoft Account and set up a billing address for Parcel Motel you'll be able to redeem the sterling.

You'll only be able to use the sterling on the UK store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭Soarer

I had to set the region on my box to UK, restart the machine, and then add the credit. Already had a PM address, but it kept telling me it was the wrong region until I changed it on the box.

I actually only used the credit today on the Microsoft UK store to buy Overcooked. Used the £10 credit, and was able to use PayPal for the extra £2.79.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I remember being able to redeem UK £ balance codes on the smartglass app by just entering the code there. But of course, can only use it on the UK store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I had this issue before. I noticed that you can use the voucher code when you check out, as part payment for something you buy. So, instead of redeeming the code to have the credit applied, you just use it during checkout. Of course, you must be checking out from the UK store for this to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I contacted MS and got a 2 month extension to my xbox live so happy enough with that...the currency code will go to my brother in the UK...

• Advertisement
Advertisement