Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning from hiatus

Options
  • 19-07-2017 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

Thinking of picking up the guitar again after a lengthy hiatus. Only thing is, I don't have the space for a ton of gear nor is playing out through an amp an option.

I'm a bit out of the loop, so I'm wondering what gear sets the standard these days for playing through a set of headphones?

Also what the the general opinions on the Variax guitars? They seem to have come a long way since I first saw them!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Use something like Amplitube on an iPad with an adapter, and a pair of headphones. That'll give you decent amp modelling and effects to play with.

The Variax is an interesting instrument. I'm liking the look and idea behind the Shuriken but you'll need one of Line6's outboard unit to get the best out of it, and I'm not a massive fan of Line6's modelling.

Advertisement