Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AndroidTV - casting

Options
  • 19-07-2017 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭

I am seriously tempted by a Mi Box, but have a few questions about the way it operates. I guess those question will have similar answer with any AndroidTV box, such as nVidia Shield etc.

Can a cast be started regardless what the box is doing?

I have launched pluto.tv app on the box. A minute later I would like to cast something from BBC iPlayer. Can I just select Cast and the cast starts immediately, or do I need to put the box into some kind of Cast-listener mode?

What happens when a cast finishes

If the above worked, what happens when the cast finishes? Is the box going back to previously launched application, goes to cast screensaver or does something else? Or maybe they are the same?!

chromecast-screensaver.jpg

How is Netflix handled

There is an AndroidTV compatible Netflix app (com.netflix.ninja). Is this app used when a cast is started from a mobile or chrome browser, or is the Chromecast netflix app used instead?

Advertisement