Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage Galaxy J5

Options
  • 19-07-2017 7:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if storage is a particular issue with this phone or if it's just me? For months Ive been getting the device full or almost notifications but I cant really understand why. I have literally 6 apps that Ive downloaded: FB, twitter, a golf app, a weather app and a banking app. Ive got maybe 2 dozen photos and videos saved. And I have an extra storage card. I have deleted stuff as I get the warnings but it doesnt seem to have made any difference. So I cant download or update anything at the moment and my music player seems to have stopped. Help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Hello 1

Hi.

I have a Samsung J5 also and I have noticed that after downloading a few apps, I get the notification about 'Insufficient Storage Space'. My phone has 8GB internal storage space with a further 32 GB SD card installed. I have tried moving all my downloaded apps to my SD card, but still encounter trouble with storage running out.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You both need to look at where your apps are storing files/photos and cache. Settings ->Storage will give you a good idea.

8GB of space is simply not enough on a modern phone. Cache for apps will hoover that up in no time. And Android itself will take up a large % of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Jesus 8GBs internal storage. Should be banned under the human rights convention.

Advertisement