Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help

Options
  • 18-07-2017 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there, Have been doing a family tree on Ancestry and getting bogged down trying to get past my grandads 1883. Have great grandad name but cant seem to follow anymore. I went into that place to view birth certs in Dublin near christchurch but am lost. Any people out there that do this maybe as a hobby and know there way around trees ?? Cant afford to get a professional firm. I am in my 60,s and my brother who is in Australia is in 70,s and we started it as a bit fun between us but now would like to get a bit further. Between aunts uncles cousins nephews nieces grandchildren etc we have 205 on tree so far. It going way back thats killing me.
    Eamon

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hi Eamon
    If you want to give the information you have here, I'm sure people will help out, or if you'd rather not post details in public, you could private message someone. I have sent you a private message.
    spurious

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Welcome Eamon

Are you familiar with www.irishgenealogy.ie? You should be able to get a birth record from 1883 there. As Spurious said, if you want to post a name, we can help you out.

Also have a read of our sticky, which has lots of good pointers.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056388162

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 6 artane

Hi Pinkypinky. Thanks for that reply. I gave what info I had to spurious last night and she got back with some info within minutes. I had a birth cert of my grandad but could not read the writing as to where he was from. So I have that now and even his marriage cert thanks to spurious. I will be amazed if she comes up with even more. Eamon

Advertisement