Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best persistent SSH tunnel global proxy method?

Options
  • 18-07-2017 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

I read some articles recommending the SSHtunnel app, but although it appears to create the connection between my rooted Android 7.1.2 phone and my remote server, with the global option selected, it is not changing my IP.

I have read other guides recommending ProxyDroid with Connectbot, and I have used the latter before but more recently I am using JuiceSSH. Juice does have a tunnel option, so I should be able to use that with with ProxyDroid, although tunnels with Juice are a paid feature, as is the Tasker plugin for Juice - I am happy to pay, if I learn this is the best method.

Basically I would like the SSH tunnel to open automatically whenever my phone has a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection and after reboot automatically, and I want to global proxy all traffic down the SOCKS 5 - what is the best way to do this please?

Advertisement