Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zante

Options
  • 18-07-2017 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of going to Zante for two weeks next May. I will be hiring a car to explore. I just want somewhere quiet with a few bars/ restaurants with a nice beach/ views/ walks. Is there enough to explore for 2 weeks or would a week be better? What resort would be best?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Here's an old post of mine, any questions just ask, I'd prefer Kalamaki as a resort, nice and quiet, but not too quiet, great beach (no watersports as it's a turtle nesting area), been there so many times and always hire a car, quite a bit to see but maybe not 2 weeks worth in a car.

Here's the old post

We got married in Zakynthos last sept and are going back in Sept, it's an awesome place.

Only problem is since Budget travel went tits up there's only 1 flight a week goin to the island.

With Sunworld it was 499 return, or a single (just going out) was 150.

We booked the single, and are returning with Easyjet to gatwick, hotel the night at gatwick, then aer lingus back the following day, all in all around 320 return each, incl hotel in gatwick.

Here's a few pics of the Island that i took last year, the water really is that blue!!

A great thing about Zante is that it's a nesting place of the loggerhead turtles, 2 years ago i was snorkelling in the bay and a turtle was 15ft away from me, that was awesome

Another good point about Zante is that Kefalonia is the next island, it's a 45 min ferry away, or a 10 min plane ride, ya could shoot across for 3/4 days like we're planning in sept.

If you're interested i can give you the details of the studios i use, they're the best i've ever been to, a family run place with an awesome restaurant attached to it

We spent a day snorkelling here at pic below

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

This boat is on the trip to the blue caves, it pulls up and lets ya swim for 45 mins or so, the snorkelling is deadly :D:D

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

Thanks so much for the info

pjproby wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the info

Just an add on here, unfortunately flights to Zante are pretty dear as only 1 flight per week to the island, Falcon do however have a last minute section where ya can pick up bargain flights only.

https://www.falconholidays.ie/flight/deals/search?fromAirports=DUB&toAirports=ZTH&month=0&year=0&flexible=false&days=93&startDuration=1&endDuration=35&searchType=ins&oneWay=false

If this interests you i can put you in touch with Labros who owns Dias Apartments/studios, a great little gem, airport is only a 10euro cab ride from there
    https://www.facebook.com/diaszante/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭VG31

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just an add on here, unfortunately flights to Zante are pretty dear as only 1 flight per week to the island, Falcon do however have a last minute section where ya can pick up bargain flights only.

Consider flying with Aegean Airlines via Athens. They often have very reasonable prices that will almost certainly be less than Falcon. They only fly from June to September however. Falcon start flying to Zante from 22 May 2018.

VG31 wrote: »
    Consider flying with Aegean Airlines via Athens. They often have very reasonable prices that will almost certainly be less than Falcon. They only fly from June to September however. Falcon start flying to Zante from 22 May 2018.

Been there, done that with 2 leg flights , AL to Gatwick, Easyjet to Zante and the money you save doesn't really outweigh the direct flight with it's extra cost, also the Aegean flights from Athens tend to be once a day and very early morning so add in a hotel in Athens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭VG31

Been there, done that with 2 leg flights , AL to Gatwick, Easyjet to Zante and the money you save doesn't really outweigh the direct flight with it's extra cost, also the Aegean flights from Athens tend to be once a day and very early morning so add in a hotel in Athens.

There's no need for a hotel in Athens. The Aegean flight arrives from DUB at 05:05 and the flight to ZTH departs at 08:20 (on a Monday I checked).

I am thinking of flying from Belfast to Zante with Jet2com. I flew to Menorca this year with them and it worked out fine and was very good value with the current sterling rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

Its deffo worth it not to take the God awful TUI Tuesday flight from Dublin. Last year it took nearly 3 hours to check in because the dickhead air hostess allowed 1 bloke wait for his 15 mates to arrive before moving the queue along.

flying from Belfast was grand and the journey up and down from Dublin not too bad. Am going to Rhodes in October from Belfast again.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

Went via the UK this year. No problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Anyone know if Zante is expensive for things like food, drink, daily activities?

I found it very reasonable for food and drink.

Advertisement