Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone UK locked phone

Options
  • 18-07-2017 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Just a quick question - sure it's been asked many times before - apologies!

I'm looking a buying a mbl phone on Amazon, locked to Vodafone UK. I'm with Vodafone in Ireland, on Bill pay.
    Does anyone know if I'll have to get the phone unlocked, or will my Irl Vodafone SIM work in the UK Vodafone phone?

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

It won't work on Vodafone IRL (or any other network here) without being unlocked.

If at all possible try to get a SIM free phone. However if it's a Vodafone branded model (Smart V8 for example) then that's always going to be locked to Vodafone.

Try eBay for an unlock code for the phone before buying from Amazon, although you'll need the IMEI to get it unlocked, you won't have the IMEI before delivery, catch 22. In general Vodafone UK phones are easier to unlock than Vodafone IRL.

Advertisement