Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A380 & DC3 Query

Options
  • 18-07-2017 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if there is any truth about a DC3 coming into Dublin on Thursday and a A380 landing on the 27th? Heard it from a few people. Is anyone in the know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,057 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Look in the Aer Lingus thread and you will see a beautiful picture of a DC3 in full Aer Lingus colours, which i believe is now in Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

EIDW wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if there is any truth about a DC3 coming into Dublin on Thursday and a A380 landing on the 27th? Heard it from a few people. Is anyone in the know?
    Last time I looked an Aer Lingus DC-3 is listed on the Bray Airshow website.
    http://www.brayairdisplay.com/in-the-air/

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

There will be a DC3 flight around Dub Thurs,dont know what day it positions up from Snn,heard A380 is overnighting either 27th or28th

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭EIDW

Thanks for all the info guys greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Weather permitting , Thursday morning the DC-3 will be doing a practice run for Bray over Birr airfield at 0930 for anyone living in that general location.

• Advertisement

A380 is cancelled again, it was meant to come from Hamburg on delivery but it was delayed yet again.

DC-3 into Dublin at 11ish Thursday. Gonna be around for a few days then back to Germany but will be back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dingoxh

DC3 will be in at 0935 L.
    Media flight from 1330-1430.

departs Friday to Weston at 1155.

A380 chopped again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Hahaha the A380, I honestly think people just make it up now to cause carnage on FB!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The first A380 in DUB is likely to be one getting cabin fittings stripped out before scrapping at this rate :pac:

dingoxh wrote: »
    DC3 will be in at 0935 L.
    Media flight from 1330-1430.

departs Friday to Weston at 1155.

A380 chopped again.

DC3 leaving shannon at 9am, will be overhead Birr Airfield at 0930 for a practice display for Bray before arriving in Dublin at c1100 Local. DAA times are slightly out. EI PR event starts at 1200.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

Dak showing flight numbers EI1940/1940A on the DAA app.

They skipped Birr but met up with some other aircraft for aerials currently en route to Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

DC3 just flew over Bluebell.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Just flew over me, god those engines sounded good. Looks like he's heading towards EIDW?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

On finals into 28. What a sound. Not on FR24

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

On approach to dub now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

they didn't skip Birr ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Looked and sounded great on approach!

BTW does anyone know what the two military jets were that went into DUB around 12:25? Presumably for the airshow as well - they also made a great noise (very different to a DC3!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

2 noisy Spanish F18s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

I had the pleasure of flying in a DC3 a few years ago in Venezuela. even got to stand beside the pilot in the Cockpit looking out the front window as a Mountain appeared in the horizon. An experience never to forget.
    Flew the A 380 home from Australia a few years ago. Easily the best Aircraft I've ever been on. Even better than the Dreamliner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

tricky D wrote: »
    2 noisy Spanish F18s.

They were certainly noisy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

DC-3 looks glorious... Lovely to see that livery in the flesh again after spending so much time painting them in FS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Stovepipe wrote: »
    they didn't skip Birr ;-)

The tiniest of touch and go's :P

DC3 is back out on its media flight now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012

35236432413_fda039c658.jpgZS-NTE by Ken Meegan, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I would love to see Aer Lingus have an A320 painted in this livery....that would be real 'retro'... even if not historically correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Kenny2012 wrote: »
    35236432413_fda039c658.jpgZS-NTE by Ken Meegan, on Flickr

Is the timing coincidental but Finnair are also pimping a DC3 this weekend - it is doing a tour of Finland?

Quite a bit family in Finland and it is all over my Facebook in the past day or two. This thread made me wonder about the timing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is the timing coincidental but Finnair are also pimping a DC3 this weekend - it is doing a tour of Finland?

Quite a bit family in Finland and it is all over my Facebook in the past day or two. This thread made me wonder about the timing.

Possibly not - airlines lift off others marketing ideas all the time. The Retrojet idea started so long ago I'm not even sure who did it first. Arguably American with their recently replaced antique livery :pac:

Advertisement