Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Drone advice,DJI P3 Vs Xaomi 4k

• 17-07-2017 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    So I owned a small toy drone and enjoyed it, now would like a decent drone that will give good service - its a toy/hobby nothing professional.

My choices are
    1) DJI Phantom 3 standard
    Its DJI, good name, seems to be a decent model, no 4k camera(meh) and only uses GPS to hold position, relatively poorer range

2) Xaomi Mi 4k Drone
    Newer, 4k, and uses GPS and another sat nav satellite system to hold position.
    Seems to be really awkward to purchase in Europe, importing from China will involve costs/hard to come back if there is issues.

Both same price ish - Any recommendations?/Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jogdish wrote: »
    Hi,
    So I owned a small toy drone and enjoyed it, now would like a decent drone that will give good service - its a toy/hobby nothing professional.

My choices are
    1) DJI Phantom 3 standard
    Its DJI, good name, seems to be a decent model, no 4k camera(meh) and only uses GPS to hold position, relatively poorer range

2) Xaomi Mi 4k Drone
    Newer, 4k, and uses GPS and another sat nav satellite system to hold position.
    Seems to be really awkward to purchase in Europe, importing from China will involve costs/hard to come back if there is issues.

Both same price ish - Any recommendations?/Thoughts?

If it's something you have already tried and enjoyed then would you not be more inclined to go down the hobby route of building the model to meet your requirements, easier to upgrade and maintain in the long run. I don't have a drone but I have owned other models in the past so just listing it as an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Good deal here on the DJI Phantom 3 SE

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057761034

Advertisement