Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

More heartache for my kids

Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭ Tom Mann Centuria

Hi, lost my dad last June following his battle with Cancer, that was hard on my children, he would come every Christmas and we'd go to him every Summer in the UK, so 2 normally happy times and he's really missed still.

Last year, around same time as my dad died my mother in law had surgery for Ovarian cancer. Hard, but we'd hoped that might be it for a while, sadly few months later Liver metastatic disease showed up, now, after two failed chemo drugs, and a rapid increase in number of tumours, my mother in law has decided she probably doesn't want to try the last option chemo.

She's a lovely lady, and my kids see her everyday before and after school and they stop with her at least once a week. I'm heartbroken for my wife, she's taking it all on as her sister and brother live abroad, but really worry what it'll do to my kids. They're 13, 11 and 9 and she means everything to them. It was hard when my dad went, it'll be ten times worse when their only granny dies (my mum died just before our first child was born).

Don't know what I should say to them now, what I'll say when things progress or when her illness takes further hold and what I should or shouldn't say.

Sorry, just an unburdening post. Bit lost with it all.

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.