Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice for a guitar beginner.

Options
  • 17-07-2017 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I've been playing guitar for a few months at home it's taken over my life I love blues, classic rock and guitar instrumentals. I can go into pubs now and my dad tells me to go out and actually hear good players in pubs. I live in Galway city and need recommendation for good players to listen to and even talk to and see their equipment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

Hi, Consider taking lessons. Not only do they improve your playing but they will give you the chance to meet up with other musicians. In playing with other people you will learn a lot about music. Don't worry about your gear, what you think you need is always too expensive and the number of guitars you need is always equal to the number you have minus one.

Have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 guitarguy18

Yes. I've been getting lessons for a while now, hes teaching me basic chords songs and scales but I want to see professionals doing it talk to them and get tips. My dad used to play and told me to go and hear players he said its good.
    Eph1958 wrote: »
    Hi, Consider taking lessons. Not only do they improve your playing but they will give you the chance to meet up with other musicians. In playing with other people you will learn a lot about music. Don't worry about your gear, what you think you need is always too expensive and the number of guitars you need is always equal to the number you have minus one.

Have fun.

Advertisement