Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noob excel question

Options
  • 17-07-2017 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭

Folks

Hoping someone can help me out here. I have a feeling this may be horrible complicated but am hoping it's not.

I have a excel time sheet with 120+ employees on it. For some unknown reason the users input their time in hours while it's billed out in days.

To further complicate matters. Just over ⅔ are contractors who's day is made up of 8 hours, while permanent employees are 7½ hours.

I need to produce monthly reports and ad hoc reports on the overall department as well as individual projects.

Is there a way I can put all the permenant employees on one sheet, all the contractors on another (with rates).

Then on a third sheet, when I enter a name & input the hours, it'll automatically populate a days sheet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

if you're confident with formulas like vlookup and such things you can do it without macros

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭pillphil

Dunno if you have it working yet?

I just have one employee tab. You choose either CONT or PERM from a list, the values are stored in the Data tab.
    You enter a rate for the contractors in the employee tab, you didn't mention how to handle wages for permanent employee's so they all just use the permanent day rate from the data tab.
    On the calculator tab, you choose an employee from a dropdown (populated from the employees tab) and enter the hours. This calculates the days and weekly wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭OU812

That looks like the start of what I want to do pillphil. Thanks so much.

Advertisement