Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zen Restaurant (Rathmines) closes after 26 years

Options
  • 17-07-2017 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭

http://zenrestaurant.ie/
    QHt1VDS.jpg

Utterly gutted, can't even find a news article.

Only back from holiday & my sister tells me they've gone & closed up.
    I'll miss them dearly, their staff always looked after us (and especially my mam when she was battling through chemo).

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Thats crap. Anyone know what the story is? Usual recession/rent type of thing I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

It's a real shame alright, it was a lovely spot. Myself and my wife had been going there at least once a year for the past twenty years but we both thought the quality of food and service had dipped in recent years.

It might just have been that better alternatives have opened up in that time and Zen neglected to move with the times. Last time we ate there it all felt a bit old-fashioned and dated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Wow. I called there for a collection in January on a Friday night and they were packed. Had to queue for an extra 20 mins for my own collection.

Advertisement