Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M.2 SSD standoff

Options
  • 16-07-2017 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello everybody,

I'm new here so please if I'll do anything wrong let me know.
    I'd like to upgrade my PC with M.2 SSD, but it seems that I lost the standoff and the bolt for my motherboard.
    Is there any place that I could buy such a thing or use something else let's say longer bolt with a piece of tube to keep the level, I spoke to ASUS and they said I'll have to get it on my own.
    Please help me as I already got the M.2 and cannot use it because of that.
    I'm from Cork if that helps.
    Thank you very much for taking the time to read it, and thanks in advance for any help.
    Best regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Blue tac.

But joking aside you could try Maplin expect it to be around the same price as the SSD knowing Maplin.

Worst come to worst scour adverts fro busted motherboards.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Hold on, are those pins not used as GND on M.2/MSATA. Thats why they're all conductive around the mount I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ED E wrote: »
    Hold on, are those pins not used as GND on M.2/MSATA. Thats why they're all conductive around the mount I thought.

No idea, never looked at an M2 closely (even though I have 2x in my laptop).

could probably get away with using a small M2 bolt & plastic/metal washers so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,151 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I have one of these spare, send me a postal address unless you're visiting Dublin any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 podiki51

@ Spear.
    Thank you very much, much appreciated.
    I spoke with one shop in Cork city and they said they'll give me one tomorrow.
    If not I would be more than happy to get the one from you.
    And whenever you're in Cork I'll buy you a beer.
    Thank you once again

Blue tac.

But joking aside you could try Maplin expect it to be around the same price as the SSD knowing Maplin.

Worst come to worst scour adverts fro busted motherboards.

To be honest I called them scared that they'll ask my account details to rip me off.
    But they don't have any of these.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Might work, and should be easy enough to make fit.

If not wrong I think they have to be conductive,
    But I'll research it as well.
    If not seems that Moderator has one that could share with me. (Thank God)
    Thank you very much

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,151 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

A horrible thought has occurred to me.

I've assumed you've meant the default Asus vertical mount and the retainer it uses.

But do you mean the horizontal mount on the left, or the vertical on the right:

http://imgur.com/sSUXbSz

But either way, I have spares.

Spear wrote: »
    A horrible thought has occurred to me.

I've assumed you've meant the default Asus vertical mount and the retainer it uses.

But do you mean the horizontal mount on the left, or the vertical on the right:

But either way, I have spares.

I mean the small bolt one, it looks like the one on the left.
    Thank you again.

• Advertisement

Did you get sorted?

Spear wrote: »
    Did you get sorted?

Hi guys.
    Yep, i got the bolt from this kind guy in the city center.
    Not sure if i can give the shop name but the guy was very polite and kind.
    And didn't ask for money.
    Thank you very much for help.

Advertisement