Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External student subects

Options
  • 16-07-2017 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I was planning to do these subjects
    Math H
    English H
    Biology H
    Economics H
    Accounting H
    Applied maths H
    Geography O
    History O
    Irish O
    Business H
    I will have the time to do it and I am a very dedicated person. I know there are projects but I am very interested in history/geo but I just want to pass the papers. I do have a plan set out and I will do it from home with grinds and Easter courses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

I was planning to do these subjects
    Math H
    English H
    Biology H
    Economics H
    Accounting H
    Applied maths H
    Geography O
    History O
    Irish O
    Business H
    I will have the time to do it and I am a very dedicated person. I know there are projects but I am very interested in history/geo but I just want to pass the papers. I do have a plan set out and I will do it from home with grinds and Easter courses.

Any reason why you are doing so many subjects ? Would it not be better to do 7 and maximize points or is it more of a personal thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Daniellekerr

eoins23456 wrote: »
    Any reason why you are doing so many subjects ? Would it not be better to do 7 and maximize points or is it more of a personal thing?

It's not personal but I honestly don't know what subjects to do. 😔

I can take away Irish since I could use English or Irish as a college requirement in the IT. But that would leave me with nine.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

10 subjects is utter stupidity. The vast, vast majority of students do 7/8 subjects at the most - and studying that many subjects is far from a walk in the park. You really need to drop at least one subject to have any hope of not burning out in LC year.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

I can take away Irish since I could use English or Irish as a college requirement in the IT. But that would leave me with nine.

I would drop it to 7 or 8. If you just want to pass History and Geography and I'm guessing you don't need them for points could you not do them another time and focus on maximizing your time on 7/8 ? Doing 10 subjects would be very draining for the most dedicated of people. It can probably be done but I think it would take away from your performance over all.

• Advertisement

I would drop it to 7 or 8. If you just want to pass History and Geography and I'm guessing you don't need them for points could you not do them another time and focus on maximizing your time on 7/8 ? Doing 10 subjects would be very draining for the most dedicated of people. It can probably be done but I think it would take away from your performance over all.
    Thank you. I think I'll take your advice 🙂

10 subjects is utter stupidity. The vast, vast majority of students do 7/8 subjects at the most - and studying that many subjects is far from a walk in the park. You really need to drop at least one subject to have any hope of not burning out in LC year.

Thank! But I thought I could do it but nah... 🙄😜

Advertisement