Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Calls and Text PAYG Plan

Options
  • 16-07-2017 1:17am

Some advice please.

I'm looking for a sim plan for my elderly mother. She is currently with Meteor. Coverage isn't great though.

I'm after a simple plan but cant find it anywhere. She has NO interest in data so its a plan just for calls and texts only. Something where she can pay €20 and top up again when itbruns out, a month/2 months down the line.

Vodafone is best for coverage in her area but I cant find a sim plan without data. She has no interest / need paying 20€ per month when she will never use fre calls, texts and data.

It's the old type of plan she wants...top up, call/text and top-up again when it runs out.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭pillphil

Just get a normal vodafone sim card. You get free calls for 28 days if you top up by €20, you just have whatever credit you bought otherwise.

pillphil wrote: »
    Just get a normal vodafone sim card. You get free calls for 28 days if you top up by €20, you just have whatever credit you bought otherwise.

Thank you. I thought you had to sign up for one of the bundles. That's great ao, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

AFAIK you can have pay as you use on any network without using a bundle...

BUT...

They charge 35c per minute for calls and some charge a connection fee too. Post Mobile is the cheapest at 28c per minute. In fact with Tesco it's cheaper to call a UK mobile (20c) than a local landline (32c).

Check Lyca signal (same as Tesco) in the area. They have a 9 euro per 30 days bundle, that includes 450 mins and 450 text. If the signal is good then make sure that all regularly used numbers work for texts.

The Vodafone plan mentioned above is a recurring 20 euro every 28 days (Chat extra is what its called). For the 20 euro you get all calls and texts and 1GB data...BUT they take the 20 euro off your credit.

Meteor have a plan of all calls for 10 euro per 28 days but texts are not included.

AFAIK there isn't any reasonable rate pay as you use provider any more, it's pretty much all bundles (open to correction on that).

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Ten Pin wrote: »
    They charge 35c per minute for calls and some charge a connection fee too.

Many are paying rates like this

They are tying people into bundles.

Those who use their phone now and again are being ripped off.

Lyca mobile and 48 are probably the best for light users in my openion.

Advertisement