Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is this Projection?

• 15-07-2017 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

The term projection usually means to see in others things you recognise in yourself. But what is the term if you see in others things you want. As in being unhappy and thinking of the Bloggs and seeing them in a happy situation when they too may be unhappy. A bit like "its ok for everyone else they have what i want"

My friend went to a therpaist and the therapist said she was projecting. But as far as i can understand my friend was telling the therapist "its ok for so and so, their life is happy". My friend is unhappy because she is single and 'sees' in her mind all couples as happy and having no problems. What is the term, i want to research it

Comments

The term projection usually means to see in others things you recognise in yourself. But what is the term if you see in others things you want. As in being unhappy and thinking of the Bloggs and seeing them in a happy situation when they too may be unhappy. A bit like "its ok for everyone else they have what i want"

My friend went to a therpaist and the therapist said she was projecting. But as far as i can understand my friend was telling the therapist "its ok for so and so, their life is happy". My friend is unhappy because she is single and 'sees' in her mind all couples as happy and having no problems. What is the term, i want to research it

Idealisation .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Jealousy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Confirmation bias.

Advertisement