Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MRI twitching?

Options
  • 15-07-2017 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey guys.
    Not looking for medical advice just looking for others experiences.

I had an mri yesterday and while in the machine I began twitching like crazy. My legs started this twitching and hoping uncontrollably and then my arms started. While I had the mri yesterday, the twitching continues in legs and arms.

Any info about this or someones own experience would.be great, thanks very much 😚😚

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

marmar1324 wrote: »
    Hey guys.
    Not looking for medical advice just looking for others experiences.

I had an mri yesterday and while in the machine I began twitching like crazy. My legs started this twitching and hoping uncontrollably and then my arms started. While I had the mri yesterday, the twitching continues in legs and arms.

Any info about this or someones own experience would.be great, thanks very much 😚😚

I did that my first time out of nerves, that and vibration i felt from the sounds within the machine, i was not a bit anxious before it nor during but my limbs and even eyelids twitched away, continued for a while after. Questioned it and was told it probably was underlying nerves but that the twitches were not pronounced enough to spoil the scan.. Offered mild sedation for following ones but didn't take it up.. Felt some twitching in later ones but again very little actual movement occurring compared to how i felt..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Happened first time I had an MRI scan - nobody told me at the time that you shouldn't cross your arms! It's nothing to worry about but strange sensation when you're nervous to begin with.

Don't know if this is what happened with you - but this is my experience of folding my arms during the scan and getting all sorts of jumpy feelings -

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

In the past three and a half years, I have had fifteen MRI's. The minute I go into the machine my legs start twitching and spasming when I'm lying flat on my back. Each time, they've had to strap my legs down and put sandbags on my ankles to try to ensure they get good images. Each MRI that I have takes 45-50 minutes as its always brain and whole spine with contrast. Think the jumping legs are something I'm gonna be stuck with as they're twitching and spasming away most nights as soon as I get into bed.

Advertisement