Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gmail query

Options
  • 15-07-2017 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi, i have a problem logging into a gmail account, its linked to my facebook account but i cant remember the password. The problem is the recovery email i used i also forgot that password :(

I have not used the gmail account (linked to facebook) for months, i now need to access it.

I have used the forgot password option, however, the backup gmail account i cant remember that password

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

Had you registered a phone number with Gmail ?

From memory, when it asks you to sign in to gmail, under where it asks for your password there is an option for "try another way to sign in"

I do believe you can specific a SMS to be sent to your number if you registered that with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ando88

Had you registered a phone number with Gmail ?

From memory, when it asks you to sign in to gmail, under where it asks for your password there is an option for "try another way to sign in"

I do believe you can specific a SMS to be sent to your number if you registered that with them.

Hi basically, i use a gmail account now, no issues as registered to my mobile.

The gmail linked yo my facebook i cant remember the password (not linked to a phone) it asks me some questions;

When did you set up account etc.. ive answered best i can but is says google "cant verify if this is your account" is there a link where i can ask a rep from google to assit me?

ando88 wrote: »
    Hi basically, i use a gmail account now, no issues as registered to my mobile.

The gmail linked yo my facebook i cant remember the password (not linked to a phone) it asks me some questions;

When did you set up account etc.. ive answered best i can but is says google "cant verify if this is your account" is there a link where i can ask a rep from google to assit me?

So you have two gmail accounts ?

When you try and enter the password on the account you can't remember, can you see the
    Option for try another way to sign in ?
    It's when you get to the password option and it will say something like "try another question "

This will only work if you did register a phone number for th account you can't get into.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,765 ✭✭✭DopeTech

When you sign in with Facebook is it not your Facebook password you use?

I have three in total.

1st) I use with no issues.

2nd) I set up with my facebook account (forgot password)

3rd) I set up years ago and it was my "recovery" account (forgot password).

• Advertisement

I have three in total.

1st) I use with no issues.

2nd) I set up with my facebook account (forgot password)

3rd) I set up years ago and it was my "recovery" account (forgot password).

Cool, thanks for clarifying .

For account number 2 , did you ever specify a phone number to be used with it ?

Cool, thanks for clarifying .

For account number 2 , did you ever specify a phone number to be used with it ?

Hi, not that i remember, i only had two numbers the last few years, but when i entered both of them it still said cant verify if its your account.

Seems im locked out of the acount, ive tried a few passwords i thought might have used but not correct

Hi, not that i remember, i only had two numbers the last few years, but when i entered both of them it still said cant verify if its your account.

Seems im locked out of the acount, ive tried a few passwords i thought might have used but not correct

Alright, thanks for clarifying again.

Best to forget about gmail now for the moment and just concentrate on Facebook

Go to the Facebook login page and tap Forgot password?
    Fill out the form to identify your account.
    Look at the list of email addresses listed on your account. If you don't have access to any of these, tap No longer have access to these?
    Follow the instructions provided to answer your security question or get help from friends, if you see these options, or contact your email service provider.

https://m.facebook.com/help/132243923516844?helpref=related

Alright, thanks for clarifying again.

Best to forget about gmail now for the moment and just concentrate on Facebook

Go to the Facebook login page and tap Forgot password?
    Fill out the form to identify your account.
    Look at the list of email addresses listed on your account. If you don't have access to any of these, tap No longer have access to these?
    Follow the instructions provided to answer your security question or get help from friends, if you see these options, or contact your email service provider.

https://m.facebook.com/help/132243923516844?helpref=related

Hi ive tried that, the problem is;

I cant remember password for the recovery gmail account.

So : i have apints@gmail.com (forgot password)

Gmail will send a recovery link to apints1@gmail.com (forgot THAT password too)

Ok let's forget entirely about the gmail stuff for now .

"If you don't have access to any of these, tap No longer have access to these"

Do you get presented with this option when you hit I forgot my password ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement