Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly to Beauvais but avoid Paris

Options
  • 15-07-2017 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

I can get flights at a decent price with Ryanair in to Beauvais airport. I want to travel on to the Normandy coast using public transport and not to Paris. I want to avoid Paris.
    Looking at the Beauvais airport website it is all geared for travellers to Paris and not anywhere else.
    Has anyone flown in to Beauvais airport and travelled northwards towards Rouen using public transport?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I'm doing a similar thing in Sept but am making a little road trip out of it visiting Rouen, Bayeux and Mont St Michel. Rouen is reachable by public transport (use www.rome2rio.com) but logistically it was just easier to hire a car for a few days. Avis had good rates i found.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

I am doing the same but possibly flying out of Rennes or Nantes. I don't want to hire a car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Beauvais Airport is very Paris orientated but if you head into Beauvais town itself there's a train station. Now the train may require you to go into Paris to connect but you should be able to get a bus to various destinations without going in to Paris.

Check the SNCF website and put in your preferred destination from Beauvais and it will give you options for both train and bus

Advertisement