Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to set up a charity

Options
  • 14-07-2017 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Can anyone give me a step by step of how to set up my own charity....

I'm looking to set my own up for kids that are homeless I don't want to go with any other one just want to set my own up....

I don't mind about silsters going to them
    Or going to collage for some degree
    Has anyone any idea how I go about doing this thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I would first advise you get experience in organisations that work with homeless children so you can see what gap your charity could fill. Homelessness is a hot topic at the moment and there are tonnes of NGOs and charities in the area. If you volunteered in one of these places, you would see what a huge undertaking running one would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dean bride

I would first advise you get experience in organisations that work with homeless children so you can see what gap your charity could fill. Homelessness is a hot topic at the moment and there are tonnes of NGOs and charities in the area. If you volunteered in one of these places, you would see what a huge undertaking running one would be.
    Yes I get the idea of doing it I can help out with other organisations first but how do I go about setting one up

dean bride wrote: »
    Yes I get the idea of doing it I can help out with other organisations first but how do I go about setting one up

Do you have any experience in the area? You seem to be jumping well ahead of yourself. Is this post the first thing you have done in the way of research? The internet is full of information. In 3 minutes of Googling, I have just learnt how one would start a charity. Try looking it up yourself. There is tonnes of info. If you have no experience in being involved in a charity, you would find it hard to even do a basic mission statement.

http://www.wheel.ie/support/forming-your-charity

Do you have any experience in the area? You seem to be jumping well ahead of yourself. Is this post the first thing you have done in the way of research? The internet is full of information. In 3 minutes of Googling, I have just learnt how one would start a charity. Try looking it up yourself. There is tonnes of info. If you have no experience in being involved in a charity, you would find it hard to even do a basic mission statement.

http://www.wheel.ie/support/forming-your-charity

Yes I have looked
    So please if you don't mind send me a link... I'm asking for help.... If you don't have any OK thanks no point texting if you do OK send me the link to all the info witch is in Ireland not the UK all I'm geting is the UK thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

Unfortunately I have no idea how you would start, however I do agree with other posters. My dad runs a charity and its not easy work.

Do some volunteering yourself first and really do get as involved as you can in the actual running of it so you can see what your up against. As someone else said, there are a big number of charities regarding homelessness out there and to get yourself known will not be easy. People in general are quite dubious of charities especially ones that are not well known so its a hard market to crack.

Have you much experience in charity work or running your own business? You don't need any degree to open your own business but I definitely think some sort of course or training in business would help a lot. Experience in the field is key too.

• Advertisement

dean bride wrote: »
    Yes I have looked
    So please if you don't mind send me a link... I'm asking for help.... If you don't have any OK thanks no point texting if you do OK send me the link to all the info witch is in Ireland not the UK all I'm geting is the UK thanks

The link I posted is an Irish link. It gives a step by step process but it will not be easy. Your posts look like you are looking for someone to list out your tasks and at the end, you will have a charity. It will not work like that. You need to do more work than that.

Google "setting up a charity in Ireland" and you won't get UK links.

The link I posted is an Irish link. It gives a step by step process but it will not be easy. Your posts look like you are looking for someone to list out your tasks and at the end, you will have a charity. It will not work like that. You need to do more work than that.

Google "setting up a charity in Ireland" and you won't get UK links.
    Just trying to get a idea... I know it's vary hard work setting one up and I know I'd need a bit more experience just wanted to see were I stand with it... Il look at this link now thanks vary much for your help

Advertisement