Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the comic publisher help determine your comic reading?

Options
  • 13-07-2017 12:06pm
    Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy folks :)

I was wondering about people and the comics they read in relation to publishers.

Most readers I see who post/tweet about their comic reading tend to feature Marvel/DC/Image quite a bit. And I got to wondering about folks on here and what publishers they read.

Do you keep to Marvel/DC/Image or do you branch out to smaller publishers/small-press/ Kickstarters?

For myself, I started off as Marvel only reader and then branched out to Vertigo (and some DC main line) and on to Image. And that was it for a long time.

Over the last few years I've started to add new publishers (to me) to the pull list such as Dark Horse, IDW, Boom!, Black Mask, Aftershock, Titan, Vault, Valiant and Action Lab. I've also started getting into the small-press comics and Kickstarters.

So what about the rest of you? Do you vary it up or keep it focussed on specific publishers? :)

If you can read this, you're too close!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Absolutely! In varying ways. For example, I'm much more likely to take a punt on an Image vol. 1 tpb than another publisher because Image is generally great quality and their vol. 1s are generally only a tenner.

Dark Horse, because it's all licensed properties, I'm only gonna read something I have a vested interest in, like Buffy.

DC, because of Rebirth, gets a lot of sales from me. At €3 a go, why not just jump in?

Titan just doesn't do it for me.

Marvel gets less and less business from me. They've just priced me out, with their €5 number 1s so I really only go to them for stuff I really want; very unlikely to try new series.

Advertisement