Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issued credit note after overcharge

Options
  • 13-07-2017 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was overcharged by UPS using my creditcard, agreed one price but when I got my bank statement they had overcharged by around €20. They have admitted it was a fault at their end.

They have sent a credit note to me in the post but after this experience I will not be using there service again.

Do I need to accept the credit note from them or can I push for a refund onto the card? I've already opened a dispute with my bank for the charge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

IMO it should be a full refund. No two ways about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi OP

did you accept the offer of a credit note, and now your having second thoughts, or did they sedn you a credit note unsolicited?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Hi OP

did you accept the offer of a credit note, and now your having second thoughts, or did they sedn you a credit note unsolicited?

Nope, I've been asking for a refund since the issue started, documented via email. Sent it unsolicited.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

davo2001 wrote: »
    Nope, I've been asking for a refund since the issue started, documented via email. Sent it unsolicited.
    You are not obliged to accept it. As you have no intention of dealing with them again, you would be foolish not to press for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Would you consider contacting your bank?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Miaireland wrote: »
    Would you consider contacting your bank?

OP stated they have opened a charge back case with their bank.

Advertisement