Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei Watch 2

Options
  • 13-07-2017 7:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Anyone made the jump to one of these?  Im in 2 minds - have one held for me for €330 on Ebay, but not 100% sure of it yet.
    Very mixed reviews online.  I currently have the P9 phone

Comments

Hi Folks,

Anyone made the jump to one of these?  Im in 2 minds - have one held for me for €330 on Ebay, but not 100% sure of it yet.
    Very mixed reviews online.  I currently have the P9 phone

It was £209 for Amazon prime day. I was on the fence all day about it, but didn't go for it in the end, mainly due to lukewarm reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Yeah Im in the same boat.  Reviews are very luke warm for it

Yeah Im in the same boat.  Reviews are very luke warm for it

FWIW, it's still on a bit of a discount on amazon, down to about €280.

For me the real turn offs were display size with massive wasted space around the bezel. Cheap strap, which would mean I'd have to look for a replacement straight away, and average battery life if you use most of the features.

I used to have a Moto 360, and got sick of the daily charging. Switched to a Garmin Vivoactive which is really a fitness watch with smart notifications. I'm still waiting for a proper Android watch to get to the point where I can go 4-5 days between charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I have the classic version and really like it. It looks great IMO, which is the reason I went for it over the sport version, and it does everything I need it to.

For running (without phone) I find that the GPS is much quicker to get a connection that my old Sony SW3, and the heart rate sensor seems quite accurate too. Android Pay is nice to have, although I've only used it a couple of times so far. Battery is fine considering the screen is always on. I'd say you'd be lucky to get 2 full days out of it, but there's no risk of not lasting a full day. Haven't tried it without the always on screen.

Before getting this I had been considering the Casio WSD-F20, but didn't like it when I saw it in the flesh. The screen on it was too small and the bezels were really high meaning that the screen appeared sunken and also made it quite hard to swipe. The screen on the HW2, while also small, is much more in proportion to the rest of the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Close to getting one of these myself. I was given a Gear 3 Frontier edition as a present but I don't have a Samsung phone and everything I read online suggested that's it's not a great option for a non-Samsung phone so have returned it and looking for an Android Wear alternative.

I was considering the LG Watch Sport but it seems it was never released in the UK/Ireland so most sites suggest either the Huawei Watch 2 or an Asus Zenwatch 3 as the best alternatives. Have pretty much decided on the Huawei Watch 2 as the latter doesn't have NFC, GPS or a heart rate monitor which is basically a non-starter for me as I use Android Pay regularly enough and would like something that has similar features to a FitBit but also comes with full Android Wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

I have it for about a month now.

Very nice watch am happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

ldr wrote: »
    I have it for about a month now.

Very nice watch am happy with it

Hey ldr

What's the battery like on it?

Just noticed it's down to £223 on Amazon, and the original Huawei watch (which some people prefer) is down to £169. Both very good prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

Hey ldr

What's the battery like on it?

long late reply.

you can get a day and half of battery or days if you turn off the smart functions on it.

I do put it charging every night and by the end of the day i can have 40% or less battery depending how much i interracted with it

Advertisement