Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Customer Service

Options
  • 12-07-2017 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭

Anyone else have experience with these? They seem to be based in Egypt for some reason. My main points, terrible communication, unaccountability (they can feed you any old waffle and get away with it). Incredibly frustrating. Like most things in Ireland, there is deperate need for actual good quality service, but the market is monopolised by a few companies that get away with screwing people over.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

This is the company who agreed to let you break your contact without penalty? Yes, woeful service.

A few companies making up a monopoly, in a country the size of Ireland, is a bit of an oxymoron.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

This is the company who agreed to let you break your contact without penalty? Yes, woeful service.

A few companies making up a monopoly, in a country the size of Ireland, is a bit of an oxymoron.
    You sound like a bit of a moron tbh. If you had no job and had to emigrate to the other side of the world, its pure logic that both parties involved should stop the contract, especially when its sim only. 
    BTW play the ball not the man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Did they change their mind?

Did they change their mind?
    well, the problem is that every one of these clowns gives a different answer on everything and are unaccountable, what a shockingly bad way to run a business. Fcuking ba$tards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

lufties wrote: »
    well, the problem is that every one of these clowns gives a different answer on everything and are unaccountable, what a shockingly bad way to run a business. Fcuking ba$tards.

Have you tried going through the reps on here? They are very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@lufties - your standard of response is way below what's expected in this forum. If you can't be civil to other posters or offer constructive advice, then please don't post.

dudara

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You sound like a bit of a moron tbh. If you had no job and had to emigrate to the other side of the world, its pure logic that both parties involved should stop the contract, especially when its sim only. 
    BTW play the ball not the man

I can't issue two warnings for one post, but incivility and back seat moderation (particularly of the paradoxically inconsistent kind) are not appreciated.

Have you tried going through the reps on here? They are very good.

I might do, thanks. You know what i think im more angry that you have to ring muppets in egypt who cant communicate, more than anything else.

WTF has happened to consumer standards. I think filipinos are generally good, but egyptians!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

To respond purely to the question at hand (as I do have opinions on the other things but believe best left unsaid) I have found them generally difficult as heck to deal with. Particularly surrounding broadband. For mobile I get hit and miss responses. I do believe the call centre you get through to plays a part. It's nothing against the Egyptian people in the call centre, lovely people. But I have a pretty good idea what standards and work practices they are held to, and it leaves little room for them to work with the customer. Which is bad customer service from Vodafones point of view, but using outside contracted CSM centres has its perils

hdowney wrote: »
    To respond purely to the question at hand (as I do have opinions on the other things but believe best left unsaid) I have found them generally difficult as heck to deal with. Particularly surrounding broadband. For mobile I get hit and miss responses. I do believe the call centre you get through to plays a part. It's nothing against the Egyptian people in the call centre, lovely people. But I have a pretty good idea what standards and work practices they are held to, and it leaves little room for them to work with the customer. Which is bad customer service from Vodafones point of view, but using outside contracted CSM centres has its perils

im sure they are lovely people. I think though that corporate policy goes like this. You get what you pay for.

ive worked in countries where the biggest obstacle for workers is making decisions. I did a module at university recently about individualist and collective work cultures. European/western work cultures are more comfortable with responsibilties. Poorer countries are the opposite, like in Asia especially.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 miso1983

I find vodafone sales awful. They promise you things that are not true, luckily there is cooling off period so it wasn't a problem. I called I want to cancel TV that I agreed to get for free and they said they cannot cancel it as I haven't actually got it.

I told them what is the point of installing it and than I gonna call that I want to use cooling off period, so waste of their resources and waste of my time as I will cancel it anyway - the sales person said I can cancel anytime and it is free.

When I called that I changed my mind they said once I get it I have it free for 6 months and there is contract for it for 18 months. I don't even watch TV only agreed to it because I was told it is absolutely free and I can cancel anytime free. Free free free free was all I heard :D

So I dont pick up the phone for Vodafone sales calls.

However when I was moving house and my broadband, they were super easy to deal with as they did send me a direct number for the person dealing with my move and to deal with her directly (not different agent every time). Found that super convenient

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I use the reps here most of the time if I have any issues. They are very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Miaireland wrote: »
    I use the reps here most of the time if I have any issues. They are very helpful.

Same with all of them tbh. Vodafone its Limerick vs Egypt. 3 its Dublin vs Mumbai. Virgin its Dublin vs Manilla.

miso1983 wrote: »
    I find vodafone sales awful. They promise you things that are not true, luckily there is cooling off period so it wasn't a problem. I called I want to cancel TV that I agreed to get for free and they said they cannot cancel it as I haven't actually got it.

I told them what is the point of installing it and than I gonna call that I want to use cooling off period, so waste of their resources and waste of my time as I will cancel it anyway - the sales person said I can cancel anytime and it is free.

When I called that I changed my mind they said once I get it I have it free for 6 months and there is contract for it for 18 months. I don't even watch TV only agreed to it because I was told it is absolutely free and I can cancel anytime free. Free free free free was all I heard :D

So I dont pick up the phone for Vodafone sales calls.

However when I was moving house and my broadband, they were super easy to deal with as they did send me a direct number for the person dealing with my move and to deal with her directly (not different agent every time). Found that super convenient

Yeah, its annoying how they are always out to tie you into something you never wanted in the first place. A bit like swindler estate agents.

These days, I try as much as possible to stay out of any kind contracts. Less ties the better

Advertisement