Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Direct saying item not returned

Options
  • 12-07-2017 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

An electronics item (still under warranty) suddenly stopped working so I returned it to sports direct for an exchange / refund. I sent it by registered post and have a scan of the delivery signature and confirmation from Royal Mail that it was received.

I've been in contact with Sports Direct by email and they said they haven't received it. Since sending on the receipt and tracking reference I've had complete radio silence.

Can anyone advise what my options are now?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

how long has it been since you contacted them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

2 days since my last email, 12 since my first. It was delivered on 1st July

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

xalot wrote: »
    2 days since my last email, 12 since my first. It was delivered on 1st July

Did you declare the full value of the item when you registered it?

If so, you might be able to claim against An Post if the item is lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

Did you declare the full value of the item when you registered it?

If so, you might be able to claim against An Post if the item is lost.

Thanks yeah I declared the value but i got onto Royal Mail and got a scan of the signature which says sports direct so I dont think they are liable since it arrived safely.

I've gotten onto them on facebook and they responded with a standard 'we are looking into this matter and will get back to you'. It's now 4 days since I've heard from the customer services team I was dealing with. I've tried calling them but their phone number just says 'high call volume please call later'.

It's so frustrating. It there any other route I can take?

Advertisement