Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to do if the lanlord never confirms your notification for terminating the lease?

Options
  • 12-07-2017 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

I decide to move one month later so I send a notification to my landlord, but she never replies. She doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t reply my whatsapp, my text message, email and doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t accept my call (I call her twice and leave a audio message).

So I intend to post a letter to her. There is an address in the lease but I have searched it in google map but got no luck. I'm worrying that even the postman can not find it.

So can I just follow my plan after I send a letter to my landlord's address? what if my letter is returned back to me?

Background:
    My landlord didn't sign a part4 tenancy with me and it's not a fixed length lease either. It's just a very simple lease without specifying end date. Before I moved in, I have confirmed with her that if either party wants to terminate the lease, just give notice.
    And I don't think she has registered our tenancy

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Send the letter as registered post which means she has to sign for it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Call her from someone elses phone - or a landline. She wonlt recognise the numebr and may answer it.

She may also be away on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭suitianshi

Thanks for your answers.

Yesterday I used my friend's cell phone to call here and she accepted.(what the hell....), but she always said she could not hear me , it was noisy blabla..and she asked me to call her again today afternoon.

Will call her again using a new number. And update this thread.

Thank youl

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

By rights you should be formally terminating the lease in writing.
    Registered letter is also the best way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭suitianshi

My landlord ultimately replied my text message.

Thanks all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement