Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 dropping wifi connection

Options
  • 11-07-2017 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to get some work done and my wifi connection appears to be continually dropping out.
    This would be okay other than the fact that I'm running Citrix and dropping the connection is causing me major hassle and it is currently unworkable.

I think some performance/battery efficicency setting has been applied which is causing the laptop to drop the connection after a period of time.

I thought I had all setttings resolved, but it is still occurring.

Any ideas whatyI might be missing here or a quick resolution to the problem?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Hi,

I'm trying to get some work done and my wifi connection appears to be continually dropping out.
    This would be okay other than the fact that I'm running Citrix and dropping the connection is causing me major hassle and it is currently unworkable.

I think some performance/battery efficicency setting has been applied which is causing the laptop to drop the connection after a period of time.

I thought I had all setttings resolved, but it is still occurring.

Any ideas whatyI might be missing here or a quick resolution to the problem?

Thanks.
    If you go into your device manager in the control of panel and open the properties of you network card. Then go to power management tab and uncheck the box that let's windows turn it off when in power saving mode.

Also in power settings you can set your network to maximum performance when on battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

This was already unchecked.

I'm a bit miffed as this is a newish laptop which is being left to the side whilst I now use an old Vista laptop with broken screen hinges running Lubuntu (as that is all it is powerful enough to run).

Advertisement