Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclist down

Options
  • 11-07-2017 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Coming home from work at 7 this evening, there was a cyclist being attended to by an ambulance crew on the R132 between Clogran roundabout and Pinnock Hill northbound. Neck brace being fitted as I passed. It's a sobering sight! Hopefully he's ok.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

rushfan wrote: »
    ...Neck brace being fitted as I passed....
    Seems to be a standard precautionary measure regardless of injuries known or unknown. I was fitted with one myself and a spinal board while being shipped off after a cycling accident despite no neck or spinal injuries.

Wishing the gentleman a speedy recovery. I'm on that route regularly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Seems to be a standard precautionary measure regardless of injuries known or unknown. I was fitted with one myself and a spinal board while being shipped off after a cycling accident despite no neck or spinal injuries.

Same, seems to be standard practise, though the old back board seems to have thankfully been replaced by a more cushioned affair. Hope the cyclist down is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Hope the cyclist is ok. That's a route I'd use regularly enough so this one cuts quite close

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Hope the cyclist is ok. That is the route I take into work so makes me shudder a little bit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

poor man ! hope hes ok.

Are we getting immune to this occuring? is it a case of "Oh another one....... Next.." I really hope not
    There would usually be a lengthy thread on here of the usual musings and debate about the junction/road surface etc ..

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

greenspurs wrote: »
    There would usually be a lengthy thread on here of the usual musings and debate about the junction/road surface etc ..
    Most posters understand we cannot allow speculation over cause or fault. The reasons for this are not for discussion here, but should be self-evident

These threads are really to pass on good wishes to those affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Driving to work yesterday morning , saw a cyclist down on the R132 at the old Memorial works just at the turn for Kettles lane, several people in attendance. I'd have stopped only it was too dangerous. Anyone have any update? Here's hoping all went well.

Advertisement