Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

investing artificial intelligence?

Options
  • 11-07-2017 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi, recently saw an interview with mark Cuban relating to investment and he seemed adamant Ai will be huge in the next few years. Was just curious if people have already invested in this or know about a way of investing in it or know companies that would be worth researching?, i am a student with 5k to invest and grow it as much as I can so looking to research opportunities! Any help is appreciated!

He also felt that computer programmers will be made redundant or will be far less jobs than people think l, he said its basically math and eventually will become automated and replace human programmer's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

michaelp97 wrote: »

He also felt that computer programmers will be made redundant or will be far less jobs than people think l, he said its basically math and eventually will become automated and replace human programmer's.

Never going to happen. Im a software engineer and its hard enough trying to get the customer to tell you what they want developed, nevermind having a computer do it and create the final product too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

I remember back in 1982 being at a weeklong seminar in Sussex University on COmputers and Law,

Attended by about 400 lawyers from all over the world. Very interesting. About a dozen there from Ireland

Several of the non-lawyers spoke of AI as the Next Big Thing, that computerisation would make us all redundant etc etc.

Computers have been a tremendous help to legal practice, but I haven't yet come across the programme that could case manage a good dirty West of Ireland title action

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ishotjr2

I would agree there will be far less programmers, a lot of standardization going on especially as the likes of google come up with core components that there will be little point in reinventing (material, google buffers) and because people will want a familiar interface so they will use standard components. But AI will not be the cause of far less programmers.
    AI is a huge generic term. Two areas I would look at
    https://www.tensorflow.org/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict-Driven_Clause_Learning
    If your question is how to write a trading bot go look at github.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

IBM Watson and Google are seen as the main ones. But someone completely trashed Watson just recently.

I would hazard a guess Google has the resources, skills and flexibility to do AI. But what people are calling AI is just using data to make decisions or estimating something based on what has happened in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭michaelp97

I would hazard a guess Google has the resources, skills and flexibility to do AI. But what people are calling AI is just using data to make decisions or estimating something based on what has happened in the past

Exactly that's what I'm thinkers ng too, Google literally has the resources to do anything thing it well pleases to be fair

• Advertisement
Advertisement