Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mould in waders ?

Options
  • 10-07-2017 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hello all,
    Breathable waders (Redington) that were put away for closed season now seem to have what looks like black marks or mould inside them but its not coming off in a cold hand wash as per washing instructions, any ideas, and could this stuff be dangerous to health ?:confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

If you've ever left wet waders in the boot of a car for a day or 2 you will have these marks you speak of. I don't think there's any danger to your health but it won't have done the waders much good unfortunately. I speak as someone who keeps wet waders in the boot of my car most nights from April to oct!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

You probably shouldn't wear your waders with your tennis or cricket whites underneath!

More seriously, all you need is to know the mould is a "wet" mould that dies away once dried. There may be possibilities for using mild detergent or soap to reduce the amount present.

Hanging the waders upside down by an ankle strap, bungee round the foot, from a hanger or washing line. Or standing upside down on the floor via two rolls of cardboard inserted into each leg to make them rigid works to speed up drying. Stuffing the boot sections with many balls of crumpled newspaper is the fastest way I have found to get moisture out of the feet sections quickly, like ready for use after a few hours drying as much as possible before the next fishing session.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mikeweed

I bought a decent pair of waders the other day and the shop told me to dry them inside out too as the mould from sweat will eat at the lining and cause leaks. So once they are dry outside turn them inside out and let the inside breath.

Advertisement